Professional Invisalign Treatment in Brighton, Queensland
If you have crooked teeth, gaps or issues with overlapping, there is always time to do something about it. Invisalign treatment in Brighton, Queensland, is an innovative orthodontic treatment that uses invisible braces to straighten your teeth and give you a smile that you’ll want to share, not hide.
About Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign braces were the brainchild of former investment banker Zia Chishti. In the early 1990s, at the age of 21, he was undergoing orthodontic treatment and thought there had to be a more unobtrusive way to realign teeth than metal braces. He envisaged clear plastic retainers that would do the same job by being fitted in succession.
This idea was refined throughout the 90s as Chishti devoted himself full-time to the concept and brought other experts on board and investors to bankroll the project. In 1998, Invisalign was officially approved by the FDA in the USA and by similar regulatory bodies worldwide soon after, including the Australian Department of Health.
Invisalign Treatment vs Traditional Braces
There are fundamental differences between Invisalign clear aligners and traditional metal braces. The most noticeable is that they are not noticeable at all. In fact, they are practically invisible. But that is just one difference.
Invisalign clear braces can be removed at any time, for example, when eating meals or if you are attending an important meeting and would prefer to do so without your aligners on. This also makes them hygienic and easier to maintain your usual brushing and flossing routine.
They are also more comfortable to wear than traditional braces as they are made from soft plastic. Metal braces can cause soreness and irritation, especially when first worn.
Your Invisalign dentist can give a more precise timeline than with metal braces. Each stage of your treatment is a step towards completion, so it is easy to keep track. Invisalign in Brighton, QLD, also means fewer visits to the dentist, so less time is taken out of your busy schedule.
Ideal For Adult Orthodontic Treatment
Invisalign is specifically recommended for adult orthodontic treatment. It is not usually recommended for children, who would be better suited to our early interceptive orthodontic treatment. This is because the invisible aligners are manufactured to guide the teeth into a particular pre-defined position. That’s fine with a fully grown adult, but when the patient is still growing, the Invisalign general dentist needs to predict what that growth will look like.
That’s one reason your orthodontist is more likely to recommend traditional braces for youngsters, as they can be adjusted with growth. The other reason is that while removing Invisalign at any time is handy for adults, it can prove problematic with youngsters who might take them out at every opportunity.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign
Invisalign clear aligner teeth straightening has transformed orthodontics in the 21st century. But there are other choices, and it is only suitable for some. Your Invisalign dentist will talk you through all the options and offer advice specific to your circumstances and needs. But in general, we can summarise the pros and cons of Invisalign as follows.
- They are practically invisible. If you don’t like the thought of visible metal braces, Invisalign is an ideal alternative and means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing about it.
- You can eat whatever you like. Braces come with dietary restrictions, and popular foods like corn on the cob, popcorn, and gum are off the menu. There are no such restrictions with Invisalign, as you can remove your aligners to eat and then pop them back in afterwards.
- It is easy to maintain dental hygiene. Brushing and flossing effectively with braces can be a challenge. With Invisalign, there is no issue; you can take the aligners out to brush and floss as usual.
- You need fewer dental appointments. Wearers of braces need to visit the orthodontist regularly to check, adjust and sometimes repair the wires. Each appointment takes around 30 minutes. Invisalign users need fewer appointments, and each one takes about 10 minutes.
- Invisalign is less likely to cause irritation and discomfort. Getting used to braces can take a while, and most users have to get through a period of pain initially. Invisalign users experience far less discomfort.
- If you keep taking them out, they won’t work. We mentioned a couple of times that users can remove the Invisalign aligners at any time. However, they must be in place to do their job, so users must exercise self-discipline and only remove them when necessary. They need to be worn at least 21 hours per day.
- You’ll need to moderate the drinks and snacks. Following the above point, aligners must be removed whenever you eat or drink anything other than water. That means you can’t be constantly sipping away on a cup of tea or nibbling snacks.
- Speaking might take some practice. You might find it hard to pronounce certain sounds and syllables with your Invisalign aligners in place. The good news is that with perseverance, most people find they are back to speaking normally within a week.
- Invisalign is not appropriate for every scenario. Some problems are better resolved with braces. This is why it is vital to keep an open mind until you have had an initial consultation.
Timeframe for Invisalign Treatment
Each case is unique, and the dentist will be able to accurately indicate how long Invisalign treatment will take in your case. Minor corrections can take as little as three months, while significant corrections might take two years.
As a very broad indicator, a course of treatment takes between 12 and 18 months in most cases.
Love Your Look
With a smile that you’re proud of, you can be more self-confident and be the best version of yourself. Find out why Invisalign has been chosen by more than 5.5 million people who love their results. Contact the friendly team at Brighton Dental Suite today to schedule your first consultation!
* Any invasive or surgical procedure may carry risks. Before moving forward, it is recommended that you seek a second opinion from an appropriately licensed medical professional.
Common Questions & Answers For Invisalign
Are Invisalign Braces Painful?
Most users feel some initial discomfort, disappearing within the first three days. They are generally easier to get used to and cause less discomfort than metal braces.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
At Brighton Dental Suite, the cost of Invisalign treatment varies depending on the number of aligners and duration of treatment needed. It can range from $5,000 – $8,500.
Can You Sleep With Invisalign?
Yes, it is essential as you should wear your Invisalign retainers at least 21 hours every 24 hours. Most people get used to doing so quickly, and it does not affect their sleep quality.
Can I Get Invisalign Without a Dentist?
No, Invisalign aligners are only available through licensed, trained orthodontists in an accredited facility such as Brighton Dental Suite.
How Do I Take Care of Invisalign Aligners?
It is easy to keep aligners clean by adopting the same approach you would on your teeth – rinse them in water that is lukewarm and brush them using Invisalign Cleaning Crystals or special cleaning tablets.